Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: A-5 for home theater use

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Vince G's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 3 1961 A-7 cabinets that I converted
    to A-5. Installed 515-8ghp woofers and 288k
    with mr594 horns and n1285b xovers and tuned
    at 40 hz.These are my left center right speakers.For surrounds I have 3 9815 speakers.The subs are 2 3154 woofers in 8 cubic foot enclosures, running at 500 watts
    each.The main speakers run off a ATI 2505
    amp with 250 watts each.The amp is so heavy
    at 110 pounds that I had to help the guy bring in to my house.I have always loved
    Altec speakers.I know the system is overkill
    but it sounds so clean not just loud.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Vince,
    Congrats! Sounds amazing...can you post some pictures? Love to see the setup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.